We are pleased to announce that the Annual Meeting of the Hungarian Biochemical Society 2022 (HBS)will take place this August 25th-27th at the University of Pecs, Medical School. This meeting was scheduled to 2020 but was postponed until now because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Lets use this opportunity to meet again in person and discuss current topics after two years of isolation and travel restrictions.
The official language of the conference is English. The scientific program will be organised along the following topics:
- Lipids and membranes – components, structure and function
- Genome organization, maintenance, functional genomics
- Bioinformatics, synthetic biology, genome engineering, biotechnology
- Molecular signaling, cell-cell communication, cell death and differentiation
- Molecular basis of disease and therapy, stem cells, immunity and inflammation
- Regulation of gene expression, regulatory RNA, epigenetics
- Protein structure, function and modeling
- Translational medicine
The scientific programme will be organised according to the traditions; a few plenary lectures followed by oral presentations running in parallel sessions. Abstracts selected by the Scientific Advisory Board are delivered as oral lectures; all other abstracts are presented as posters.
Early registration is before June 30th 2022; Extended abstract submission is before June 15th 2022.
According to the traditions, Diamond Congress Kft (http://www.diamond-congress.hu/) will help us in making this conference a success.
Please come to Pecs and bring as many colleagues with you as you can!
On behalf of the organisers, we wish you all the best
Ferenc Gallyas and Zita Bognár
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Chemistry, University of Pecs, Medical School